Thursday, November 5, 2009

Locks of Love should operate in India

One of the cleaning ladies here at REC came back today and she had a buzz cut. Like...almost bald, but buzzed instead of shaved. Her hair was down below her waist when I left for traveling, and her braid was so thick, she didn't have to use any hair bands or pins or anything to keep it from unraveling (maybe only some coconut oil...). This lady is super awesome. She speaks no English, but repeats every word I say with a distinctly Tatiana impression. And she also does little dances when I do. She also sweeps my room and takes out my trash, even though I insist she doesn't need to do that for me. I share my cookies with her. I think she pantomimed that she went on a pilgrimage and part of the experience required all her hair to be shaved off. This happens pretty regularly in India, which makes me think that Locks of Love could make all their wigs just from devout Hindis in India. They should consider it.

1 comment:

  1. why dont they stil???i dont get it.im looking for the opprtunity.
    have hair til my thighs.n d day i wana chop em.i sure hope theyre ere in india.

    and i assume the lady went to tirupati.they do sell tht hair to mk wigs.inUNBELIEVABLE amounts.
    not to locks of love though. :(

    ReplyDelete