Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Oh, the weather outside is...

...blippin' HOT.  It's ridiculous.  I'm sure it gets to somewhere in the 30s (Celsius) during the day.  The worst is between 3 and 4 pm, where you just want to kill yourself (or maybe take cold shower, but there's a water shortage...).

Now, I've been in hot climates before (hello, Texas.  And Ghana.), but never in dry heat.  Everyone always says that dry heat is awesome and humid heat feels like you're stuck in [pardon my French] a ballsack.  I disagree.  Not with the latter point, but definitely with the former.  I actually prefer the humid heat.  Even though you're unpleasantly sticky, at least you're not ridiculously dehydrated.  The dry heat makes everything feel/look like a barren dying wasteland.  It kind of sucks.

Also, it's confusing, because it's March, but leaves are constantly falling/have already falled off of trees and it's scorching hot all the time.  It's a mix of what fall looks like and what summer [/hell] feels like, so I'm very confused.  And my skin and hair are continuously angry, because everything is so dry and unpleasant.  Booo.

The only refuge with this dry heat is that it actually cools off significantly at night, to the point where I have to cover my body with a sheet at around 6am.  Apparently, this will no longer happen in April.  And it will be even hotter in May.  Oh, summer in India!

No comments:

Post a Comment