Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sweet Home Chicago

I've always struggled with the concept of "home" in my life (or the lack of one, for that matter). But I have to say, I feel so great when I see images of Chicago around here. Every Saturday night is movie night on the Rishi Valley main school campus. Two Saturdays ago, we watched Just Visiting, which was a pretty silly and not very great movie, but it all took place on Michigan Avenue, Lincoln Park, and the Art Institute. It felt so nostalgic and fantastic to see my old home! There was a scene shot from the Hancock Observatory, and they were facing north, and I could see right where Northwestern is! I miss NU. A lot.

Tonight, the movie was Dark Knight. Besides it being an absolutely amazing movie (and Christian Bale being such eye candy), Gotham City is based out of Chicago, and this makes me so happy. The funeral scene is near the Quincy stop, right by Chicago Public Schools. Out of Christian Bale's office, you can see the Yankee Hotel Foxtrot buildings, my absolute favorites! Views of the river bring back memories of St. Patrick's Day and all the random weekends when we walked those streets. The Sears Tower reminds me of when we used to go to the Mega Bus stop to pick up Karin on her Chicagoan visits! I miss Chicago.

I have to admit I feel most at home in my old semi-tattered Northwestern shirt. Go 'Cats. <3.

No comments:

Post a Comment