Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Back at Rishi Valley...

I'm back at Rishi Valley from visiting Charlie and Samir, two fellow fellows, in Utterakhand, in the Himalayas working at APV School.  The visit was very insightful, as well as cool and beautiful.  I enjoyed myself a lot.  Thanks, Charlie and Samir, for being such wonderful hosts.  I'll definitely write a more elaborate post about my experiences at the school later.

Rishi Valley greeted me with cool air and the feelings of home.  The Mango Showers, intermittent rains before the monsoons, have started, and RV got a storm the day before yesterday.  Some trees lay broken by the side of the road, but the earth had a refreshed feeling to it, as well.  No longer does dust abound in great clouds as you walk through the soccer field.  There is a new green-ness to the campus, with new leafy sprouts coming from the earth.  The air smells cleaner, less dry.  It is a refreshing Rishi Valley, reminiscent of days in September in October, when it was still hot, but pleasant, crisp, and lush.  It is my favorite Rishi Valley.

It's also great to see the staff, the teachers, my favorite lunch ladies.  They have become so ingrained in my routines of life that I miss them without noticing, realizing their importance only after returning.  As my stay here winds down to the last two months, I get prematurely nostalgic.  Oh, how I will miss this place.  But, now, no time for sappy-ness, no time for sadness.  Now is a time for work.  As travels and sickness took away motivation and capability to complete more milestones, I now must return to productivity. 

Updates to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment