Friday, April 9, 2010

Keepin' it hot

I know I might seem obsessed with this heat dealio, but I'm serious. It's crazy hot.  I grew up in Texas. I used to play tennis matches in 100 degree weather. It was okay.  This is not okay.  It's over 100 every day now and the sun feels like it's sitting on your shoulers.

A fun story: the other day, Yashada, an awesome friend and lizard-researcher/ecologist here at Rishi Valley presented me with a chocolate bar (Yashada is obviously awesome).  I was very excited about this chocolate bar, because I do love me some chocolate.  The chocolate bar, upon lying in my room for half an hour, melted completely and stayed in this molten state throughout day and night. I had to squeeze chocolate into my mouth from the wrapper (my life is hard, I know).  It was in the shade, on the floor (which is cooler than other surfaces), and it was still molten 24/7.

That's how hot it is, ladies and gentlemen.  My brain refuses to work from noon to five. Womp womp.

No comments:

Post a Comment