Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Calendar

Sorry I haven't been updating for a week. Not too much has happened -- I did more work with the English group, but then I got sick for a day (Friday -- fever and stomach pains = boo), so that threw off my momentum, which was too bad, really. I spent the entire 2 day weekend cooped up in the computer lab working on grad school apps. They are due this and next week, so it's really crunch time! I will be so excited to be done with them.

But! More importantly, today, I found out my off-days at work, so I can start planning some travels (if I ever get my guidebook from B&N, whom I now hate with a fiery passion of a thousand suns).

The following days, I have off:
Oct. 16-17
Dec. 25
Dec. 28
Jan. 1
Feb. 12-13
Mar. 27
Apr. 3


School is out on the following days (this *might* mean that I can work remotely on these days, since everyone else will be out of town anyway):
Oct. 19-Nov. 2
Jan. 12-17
May 1-29

Writing English curriculum on a beach or in a forest bungalow would be divine. Keeping my fingers crossed for that!


The following are workshops we have planned at the Centre:
Oct. 12-14 -- a group from Nepal is coming to hang out!
Nov. 11-25 -- two weeks of training for some government entity! Exciting stuff! It'll be awesome to experience my first two-week comprehensive training. It's boot camp for MGML (multi-grade multi-level methodology), where teachers and policy-makers get schooled in its awesomeness and learn to develop their own materials and lesson plans! Awesome. Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment